Subject: Ceramic tiles

Ceramic tiles

From: Mildred Tody Cezar <todycezar<-at->
Date: Thursday, March 8, 2012
I recently visited Fronteira Palace in Lisbon Portugal and was very
disappointed to see the condition of the outdoor tiles and the
quality of the recent interventions.  I believe that far more
sympathetic restoration can be carried out using epoxy resins.
Although the tiles are not subject to freezing conditions they are
outdoors and the repairs to be long lasting must allow for the
natural egress of moisture.  Thus my question is about the
permeability of epoxy resins used for the repair and in-painting of
the tiles?  If epoxy resins are not permeable is the grouting
sufficient to allow for the movement of moisture?  I would
appreciate any information you can provide and what resins you would
recommend for the task.

Tody Cezar

                  Distributed: Friday, March 16, 2012