Subject: Solvent for loosening coverslips on microscope slides sought

Solvent for loosening coverslips on microscope slides sought

From: Simon Moore <couteaufin>
Date: Monday, February 13, 2012
I am looking for a solvent for loosening coverslips on archival
microslides mounted with Canada Balsam, Euparal and the like. I have
used xylene for years but health and safety now dictate that I find
something more user friendly, I have had Cumene suggested, since the
molecule is close in structure, but have had no experience with
this.

Simon Moore MIScT, FLS, ACR,
Conservator of Natural Science

                  Distributed: Saturday, March 3, 2012