Subject: Kaldon

Kaldon

From: Franziska Schlicht <franziska.schlicht<-at->
Date: Saturday, February 25, 2012
I am seeking a more specific description of an agent called
"Kaldon"--usage, contents, application and chemical structure.

I found it in a conservation report from 1972 (Ethnologisches Museum
Berlin, Germany) and it was used to clean a gilded and painted
Ottoman Leather Shield. So I suppose it is either a cleaning agent,
a tenside or maybe an additive or complexing agent but I am not
sure.

Franziska Schlicht
Conservator (B.A.)
Archaeological and Historical Heritage