Subject: Call for lobbying action

Call for lobbying action

From: Stefan Simon <simon.kdc<-at->
Date: Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Urgent
Call for lobbying action
Horizon 2020 and Cultural Heritage Research

Forschungsallianz Kulturerbe
<URL:http://www.forschungsallianz-kulturerbe.de> urges all heritage
stakeholders in Europe to support the campaign for the inclusion of
cultural heritage research in the future EU 8th Framework Programme
for Research and Innovation: Horizon 2020.

Running from 2014 to 2020 with an Euro80 billion budget, the EU's
new programme for research and innovation is part of the drive to
create new growth and jobs in Europe.

Regretfully, cultural and natural heritage is not mentioned
explicitly in the European Commission proposal, leaving room for
serious fears of a possible complete omission of this subject area
from future EU funding and related calls for project proposals.

Against this background, members of the Focus Areas Cultural
Heritage (FACH) of the European Construction Technology Platform
(ECTP) have taken action for an online petition to be addressed to
the European Parliament and the European Council.

Forschungsallianz Kulturerbe Strongly supports this petition which
aims to ensure further commitment and investment by the European
Union in European cooperation in the field of cultural heritage
related research. We therefore urge all our members, partners and
contacts to sign this petition and to disseminate it further as
widely as possible.

By signing and widely disseminating this petition, you will
contribute to our joint effort to get the EU Institutions to fully
acknowledge their responsibilities towards the safeguard of Europe's
cultural heritage, as stipulated in article 3.3 of the Lisbon
Treaty.

To sign the petition:

    <URL:http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/cultural-heritage-research_8th-framework-programme/>

Horizon 2020 website:

    <URL:http://ec.europa.eu/research/horizon2020/index_en.cfm>

Further information:

    <URL:http://www.forschungsallianz-kulturerbe.de/aktuelles/feed_anzeige.jsp?fnr=044>

Prof. Dr. Stefan Simon
Direktor
Rathgen Forschungslabor
Staatliche Museen zu Berlin Schlossstrasse 1A D
14059 Berlin
+49 30 3267 49 0
Fax: +49 30 3267 4912

                  Distributed: Saturday, March 3, 2012