Subject: Dianne van der Reyden retires

Dianne van der Reyden retires

From: Sylvia Albro <salb<-at->
Date: Saturday, February 25, 2012
Request for letters
Dianne van der Reyden's retirement from Library of Congress

We are writing to ask you to join us in honoring Dianne van der
Reyden on the occasion of her retirement from the Library of
Congress, where she has devoted the last ten years of her
conservation career and where she currently occupies the position of
Director for Preservation.

The staff at the Library of Congress is putting together a
retirement party for Dianne at the end of March, 2012.  We plan to
present her with a volume of letters, written by friends and
colleagues and bound here at LC by senior staff in a specially
designed binding.   If you have known or worked with Dianne during
her 35+ years in the Conservation field, we hope that you will take
this opportunity to submit a letter to be included in Dianne's
presentation volume.  You may prepare and submit your letter in any
one of the following ways:

    1.  You may submit a scan of your own signed letterhead by email
        as a PDF attachment to Maria Nugent at lnug<-at->loc<.>gov. Subject
        title: Letter for Dianne van der Reyden's retirement. We
        will then print out the letter at LC on good quality paper
        to include in the volume.  We would like to receive the
        emailed letters by March 15, 2012

    2.  You may send a hard copy of your letter through the USPS
    mail c/o

        Sylvia Albro
        822 South Taylor Street
        Arlington, Virginia 22204

    Please indicate on the envelope that the letter is intended for
    this Dianne's retirement. Please postmark the letter by March
    10, 2010

    3.  You may fax your letter to 202-707-1525 Attention Maria
        Nugent: Subject title: Letter Book entry for Dianne van der
        Reyden.

        This kind of letter will not be on the special paper, but it
        is better to get it this way, than not at all.

Please do not send letters to the Library of Congress through USPS
as all letters mailed to the Library are irradiated by the Postal
Service and have a delayed delivery.  The letters can also suffer
damage from this process.

If you will not be able to send your letter within this timeframe,
but still want to contribute one, please let us know by email and we
will save room in the volume for your eventual letter.

We look forward to assembling this volume and thank You in advance
for your contribution.

                  Distributed: Saturday, March 3, 2012