Subject: Grisaille

Grisaille

From: Corrie Tubman <ctubman01<-at->
Date: Tuesday, February 21, 2012
I am currently carrying out research on grisaille paintings executed
in oil paint for my Master's dissertation project in the
Conservation of Fine Art at the University of Northumbria at
Newcastle. The study is concerned with art historical aspects,
materials and techniques used, and issues relating to the
conservation and restoration of such works.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has encountered this
type of painting and particularly from anyone who has carried out
examination and treatment on such works. I can be contacted at t
corrie.tubman<-at->northumbria<.>ac<.>uk

Corrie Tubman
MA Conservation of Fine Art (Easel Paintings)
University of Northumbria

                 Distributed: Friday, February 24, 2012