Subject: Scotch-Brite Easy Erasing Pad

Scotch-Brite Easy Erasing Pad

From: Laurence le Ber <lleber<-at->
Date: Wednesday, February 22, 2012
I have been using, very successfully, an off-the-shelf product 3M
Scotch-Brite Easy Erasing Pad.  I have been using it extensively for
surface cleaning of mainly domestic appliances, "white goods"
(fridges, cookers etc).  The product is a double layered foam pad
with the contact surface composed of micro-pores that trap the dirt.
The pad need only to be lightly moistened with distilled water to be
effective. It is mildly abrasive so l would not use it on delicate
surfaces but as far as l can tell it is completely inert, leaves no
residue and uses no chemicals. It is easily shaped for access to
difficult areas. I have found it to be a highly effective and was
wondering why it is not used more. Does anyone have any similar
experiences of using this material?

Laurence Le Ber
Conservation, Otago Settlers Museum
Dunedin City Council