Subject: Alternative to xylene

Alternative to xylene

From: Smadar Gabrieli <smadar.gabrieli<-at->
Date: Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Smadar Gabrieli <smadar.gabrieli [at] uwa__edu__au> writes

>Raymond A. Spiteri <raymond.a.spiteri [at] gov__mt> writews
>
>>We are seeking a less hazardous alternative to xylene to be used in
>>solvent mixtures and for dissolving acrylic resins like Paraloid B72

I received the additional information from Stephanie.Gagne of the
Centre de conservation du Quebec

   "Ethyl acetate is often a good substitute to xylene. This solvent
    is less toxic, but is more volatile than xylene; therefore, in
    some circumstances, the use of ethyl acetate is not adequate.

                 Distributed: Monday, February 20, 2012