Subject: Varnish on gilded teak settee

Varnish on gilded teak settee

From: Sarah Chui <sarah_chui<-at->
Date: Tuesday, February 7, 2012
I have an Gilded Teak Settee which is experiencing blistering of
varnish on the seat located on its proper right. I proposed a
treatment using Lascaux 4176 and heat tacking method to re-adhere
the lifting varnish coating on mentioned area of settee and
similarly to reduce the level of bulging of varnish on mentioned
area respectively.  This reduces the bulging and re-adhere the
lifting of varnish, however the blistering marks are still visible
on the settee. Can I ask for suggestion in treating this?

Ms Sarah Chui
Conservation Officer (Objects)
Heritage Conservation Centre
32 Jurong Port Road