Subject: Call for papers--Icon Archaeology Group

Call for papers--Icon Archaeology Group

From: Rob Lewis <roblewis0<-at->
Date: Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Call for Papers:

"From Context Sheets To Display Cases"
Icon Archaeology Group Meeting and AGM
Glasgow
25-26 June 2012

In association with the ICON Scotland Group, on June 25-26, 2012 the
ICON Archaeology Group will be going north to Scotland, and hosting
its AGM alongside a series of talks in Glasgow on June 25, 2012
followed on the 26th by an optional tour day.

This will be an excellent opportunity to connect with colleagues,
and to visit some of the fantastic projects that have been
undertaken in recent years. Although there will be an archaeological
theme, we welcome all, and aim to look at the broad range of
conservation activities, whether in the field, the museum, academic
research, and all that lies between.

Formal details will be available soon, but at this point, we would
like to invite any contributions for papers. We are keen to maintain
an informal atmosphere, and to encourage discussion, papers should
aim to be 10 - 15 minutes in length to allow time for this, but we
will consider all submissions.

In line with our broad focus, we are not limiting contributors to a
defined theme, but are particularly welcoming to those with an
archaeological focus that will be of interest to the wider
conservation community, and vice versa. This will be an opportunity
to discuss your work with colleagues.

We would particularly welcome talks on:

    Conservation in the field;
    Public advocacy;