Subject: Plastination

Plastination

From: Libby Frostick <l.frostick<-at->
Date: Sunday, January 22, 2012
I am in my third year of studying conservation BA at the University
of Lincoln in England. I am currently writing my dissertation on the
conservation of bog bodies. The focus of my dissertation is the use
of the anatomical technique of plastination on the remains,
comparing and contrasting this method with that of the freeze-drying
technique, and examining the suitability of each method.

I would greatly appreciate any information or experience anyone
could offer about Plastination, in particular evidence of its use in
conservation and, if you have the time, I would be interested in
opinions on its use.

I would also be extremely grateful if anyone could provide me with
data concerning this technique. Such information might relate to how
the method ages and deteriorates, or to data concerning shrinkage
percentages etc.

Libby Frostick

                 Distributed: Sunday, January 22, 2012