Subject: Book Conservation Catalog Wiki

Book Conservation Catalog Wiki

From: Christine McCarthy <christine.mccarthy<-at->
Date: Friday, January 13, 2012
Throughout the month of January, 2012 the Book Conservation Wiki
team of the Book and Paper Specialty Group (BPG) of the American
Institute for Conservation (AIC) will be presenting some specific
efforts to get more people aware, involved and engaged with the Book
Conservation Catalog Wiki

  <URL:http://www.conservation-wiki.com/
      index.php?title=Book_Conservation_Catalog>

First, we will be "Spotlighting" one page for the duration of the
month:

  Cloth
  <URL:http://www.conservation-wiki.com/index.php
  ?title=Books_Section_4_-_Material_-_Chapter_4._Cloth>

located in Section 4 of the Catalog, Book Materials

  <URL:http://www.conservation-wiki.com/index.php
      ?title=Book_Conservation_Catalog#Section_4_-_Book_Materials>

The page is brand new (created this week) and we invite all book
conservators in the Book and Paper Group to add written,
photographic, and video content. We also invite you to keep tabs on
the page throughout the month to see how--and how quickly--a new
Catalog entry can develop. If you've taken the general AIC WIki
training workshop and are comfortable on the site, feel free to
contribute right away. Or if you'd like to contribute but are not
yet familiar with the HTML, let Laura Bedford or myself know and we
will implement your edits.

Next, we will send out a weekly email to the BPG listserv with links
to the Spotlighted page as well brief technical tips to help you
master the HTML/Wiki format, and noteworthy links from our pages, or
other specialty groups, and Wikipedia/WikiMedia. Finally, we have
set up a page that outlines the content areas that volunteers have
worked on in the past, and are currently working on--available at

  <URL:http://www.conservation-wiki.com/index.php
    ?title=Who_is_working_on_what_topic>

Announcements and updates for the BPG Book Conservation Catalog Wiki
for this month are being made via the BPG business mailing list. If
you are a member of the Book and Paper specialty group, but are not
yet signed up to receive general BPG listserv announcements you can
sign up at

Thanks for your interest and we hope to see you on the site.

Christine McCarthy, Lynn Kidder, Evan Knight and Laura Bedford

Christine E McCarthy
Chief Conservator, Conservation Services
Preservation Department
Yale University Library
130 Wall St.
PO Box 208240