Subject: Source for wool felt sought

Source for wool felt sought

From: Sarah Norris <groovin<-at->
Date: Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Maria Fredericks <mfredericks [at] themorgan__org> writes

>Can anyone recommend a current U.S. source for high-quality, clean,
>white wool felts? ...

I was pleased with my purchase of 1/4 inch felt from Southeastern
Felt and Supply Corporation in North Carolina about two years ago.
The felt did not have burrs or oil stains.  There were a few colored
fibers that could be easily removed from the surface if needed.
There is also a very slight, regular ridged texture to the felt that
is only visible upon close examination in raking light.

Sarah Norris
Conservator
Texas State Library and Archives Commission
512-463-5446
Fax: 512-463-5430

                 Distributed: Sunday, January 15, 2012