Subject: Electronic publications for conservators

Electronic publications for conservators

From: Angela Weyer <weyer<-a>
Date: Monday, December 19, 2011
Free of Charge Electronic publications on the Website of the
Hornemann Institute

The constantly growing of abstract collection from of universities
papers can be viewed at no charge on the website of the Hornemann
Institute. The majority of the 1400 abstracts are illustrated and
are accessible both in German and in English. 56 of the theses are
at the moment available for complete download.

For further information see:

    <URL:http://www.hornemann-institut.de/german/epubl_suche.php>

In addition, we publish free of charge full texts of

    Documentation records
    Articles
    Posters from poster sessions
    Videos and
    Conference papers, e.g.:

        Beck K. and Al-Mukhtar M.
        Formation of a patina by means of wetting-drying cycles

        Bromblet Ph. et al.
        Toward an optimization of the specifications for water bath
        desalination of stone objects

        Colas E. et al.
        Salt crystallization effect on the swelling behaviour of
        clayey sandstones

        De Clercq H. et al.
        Performance of limestone laden with sodium sulphate and
        sodium nitrate

        Desarnaud J. et. al
        Dynamics of salt crystallization

        Guimaraes A.S., Delgado J.M.P.Q. and de Freitas V.P
        A New Experimental Technique to Measure Molecular Diffusion
        Coefficients of Salts Solutions in Building Materials

For these and many other full texts of the international conference
Weathering on Buildings and Stone Sculptures Oct 19-22, 2011 in
Limassol, Cy, see:

    <URL:http://www.salzwiki.de/index.php/SWBSS2011>

In addition, we have increased our service for electronic
publications on our website: Users have the choice between
publications which can be kept up to date with a personal user ID
and publications without an update option, but with better search
ability. The Hornemann Institute now offers a "persistent
identifier" for important publications to its authors in cooperation
with the Technische Informationsbibliothek Hannover (TIB). These
DOIs (Digital Object Identifier) are easier to find and are also
accepted as reference by many scientific journals.

With this free of charge offer of electronic publishing the
Hornemann Institute promotes the exchange of information among
professional restorers / conservators. All copyrights are
maintained, further publications are possible at any time.

In 2012 we will give the first Hornemann Open Access Award on the
occasion of the Hildesheimer Tag der Restaurierung (Hildesheim Day
of Restoration) on January 27, 2012.

Eligible are theses which are available free of charge on the
Institute's website. Criteria are strong demand as well as
scientific quality, to be reviewed by an external scientific
advisory board.

Dr. Angela Weyer
Director
University of Applied Sciences and Arts
    Hildesheim/Holzminden/Gottingen
Faculty Preservation of Cultural Heritage
Hornemann Institute
Kardinal-Bertram-Strasse 36
D - 31134 Hildesheim
Germany