Subject: Heater blankets and lining tables

Heater blankets and lining tables

From: Robert Lodge <mckaylodge<-a>
Date: Monday, December 12, 2011
Aella Diamantopoulos <aella99 [at] hotmail__com> writes

>I am interested in gathering information on constructing a lining
>table using industrial strength heater blankets, and also gathering
>information on the brands, sources, costs, and reliability of heater
>blankets. ...

The 8 foot x 12 foot vacuum lining table I built in 1989 for less
than $5,000 has worked problem-free for those 22 years.  Heat is
even. It is wired for two heat and two vacuum zones (use a half or
the whole)

Components:

    Single 0.5 inches x 8 inches x 12 inches aluminum plate

    Thermal Circuits Inc. custom sized, etched foil/vulcanized
    rubber heating blankets (still available)

    Two Ametek Lamb vacuum motors Model 115937 (still available)

    Vacuum motors controlled by Lutron T-1500 (1,500 W) dimmers
    (still available)

    Heat controlled by Omega CN6071A-J process controllers (newer
    models available now)

    Omega thermocouples
    Omega relays
    Magnahelic pressure gauges (inches of water)

Robert G. Lodge, Assoc. AIA, Prof. Assoc. AIC
President
McKay Lodge Conservation Laboratory, Inc.
at The Ohio Conservation Center
10915 Pyle South Amherst Road
Oberlin Ohio 44074

                 Distributed: Sunday, December 18, 2011