Subject: Conservation facilities and the public

Conservation facilities and the public

From: Cristina Albillos <cristina.albillos<-a>
Date: Monday, December 5, 2011
My institution is planning to bring awareness to the public of what
conservators do and what our role is by replacing part of the
laboratory's wall with glass, thus allowing the public to peer in
and observe what goes on behind the scenes in a Conservation lab. I
am interested to know if there are any other institutions that have
a similar set up. If your conservation lab does allow the public to
look into it how do you manage it? What problems do you encounter
with this approach? What are the benefits of this set up?

    **** Moderator's comments: This topic has been discussed before.
    See the Cons DistList archives
    <URL:http://cool.conservation-us.org/byform/mailing-lists/cdl/>

Cristina Albillos