Subject: Survey on public use of documents

Survey on public use of documents

From: Jeanne Drewes <jdre<-a>
Date: Wednesday, November 30, 2011
    author.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has done a survey of
readers in their organization's reading room concerning the document
they are using that day, its value with regard to its place in
history, its uniqueness, its content, its appearance, its usability,
its condition, and their opinion as to its need to be preserved in
its original format.

I would also be interested in any surveys done with the public in
regards to questions about suitable formats for accessing the
document (facsimile, microfilm, digital surrogate, etc.).

Please contact me directly and I will summarize for the group.

Jeanne Drewes
Chief, Binding and Collections Care Division
Program Manager, Mass Deacidification
Preservation Directorate
Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave S.E.