Subject: Latex-free respirator

Latex-free respirator

From: Myriam Lavoie <myriamlavoie<-a>
Date: Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Carol Wickenhiser-Schaudt <watercolorist [at] schaudt__us> writes

>Due to chemical sensitivities, I am in need of a latex-free
>respirator so that I can work with turpentine or mineral spirits. I
>can find latex-free respirators for use with dust, but not one for
>chemicals. Would any of you know where I can purchase one?

3M makes half masks made of silicone that can be fitted with all
their standard cartridges and filters, the 7500 series.  According
to the literature, they are latex free and hypoallergenic.  I'm sure
you can order one from your local 3M product distributor.

See:

  <URL:http://solutions.3mcanada.ca/wps/portal/3M/
    en_CA/Health/Safety/Products/Catalog/
    ?PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LES9MG812H2000000_nid
    =9WCT6KC8GRbeF3RH7CD92Ngl>

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newline.

Myriam Lavoie,