Subject: Cedar cradleboard

Cedar cradleboard

From: Georgia Fox <gfox<-a>
Date: Wednesday, November 16, 2011
We recently received a cedar cradleboard in our collection, and it
has a masking tape adhesive stain on the wood;  the masking tape was
probably put on the cradleboard about 20 years ago by the donor. The
piece of masking tape and residual adhesive have been carefully
removed, but the stain is remaining.  Does anyone have any
experience or suggestions in removing adhesive (tape) stains from
wood?

Georgia Fox Department of Anthropology Director, Heritage Resources
Conservation Laboratory California State University, Chico

                Distributed: Tuesday, November 22, 2011