Subject: Call for papers--Bronze Conservation Colloquium

Call for papers--Bronze Conservation Colloquium

From: Gerhard Eggert <gerhard.eggert<-a>
Date: Saturday, November 19, 2011
Call for Papers

Bronze Conservation Colloquium
State Academy of Art and Design Stuttgart, Germany
in cooperation with ICOM-CC Metals WG
June 22-23, 2012

Deadline November 30, 2011

Aim of the International Conference: Currently interesting projects
are going on in bronze conservation. That's why we have chosen this
as next theme for our series of International Conservation
Colloquia. These short conferences in Stuttgart on varying themes
were started in 2005 by the Objects' Conservation Programme of the
State Academy of Art and Design. The last conferences were the Iron
Conservation Colloquium (June 24-26, 2010) and the Ethnographic
Conservation Colloquium (November 11-12, 2011). The Bronze
Conservation Colloquium 2012 will cover all aspects of the
conservation of copper and its alloys including investigation,
scientific analysis, manufacture, corrosion, conservation methods,
and case studies.

Submission of Contributions: Colleagues who want to contribute need
to send an abstract (300 - 400 words) until 30 November 2011 per
e-mail to Gerhard Eggert. Contributors will be notified until 15
January 2012 about acceptance. There will be no conference
publication. Speakers are free to submit talks and papers elsewhere
as they like (e.g. the ICOM-CC WG Metals Interim Meeting 2013 in
Edinburgh). We do not expect exclusivity. To help non-native English
speakers to understand the contents, speakers are asked to submit an
extended abstract of 3 pages (approximately 1,200 words) in English
until 31 March 2012 (ready for print without editing, will be
collected in a photocopied conference reader for all attendants and
put on the web). The conference fee will be waived for contributors.

Programme: The programme will include invited and submitted lectures
(20 minutes plus 10 minutes discussion), posters, and visits to
places of interest in Stuttgart.

Conference Language: All lectures have to be given in English. No
simultaneous translation, we want to keep fees as low as possible.

Organizer:

    State Academy of Art and Design Stuttgart
    Objects Conservation
    Prof. Dr. Gerhard Eggert
    gerhard.eggert<-a t->abk-stuttgart< . >de

                Distributed: Tuesday, November 22, 2011