Subject: Course on Athens

Course on Athens

From: Nikolas Vakalis <nikosvakalis<-a>
Date: Thursday, October 6, 2011
"Athens: Heritage and Modernity"
Athens, Greece
January 4-15, 2012

International Institute of Restoration and Preservation Studies, LLC.
    (IIRPS)

This 11 day visit of Athens focuses on the preservation and
conservation issues facing the city. The program involves a series
of lectures and visits lead by Athenian architects, historians,
conservators and planners who have been grappling with the problem
of preserving monuments and culture in the midst of a bustling
modern city.

Subjects covered will include:

    History and evolution of the city
    Art and culture of the city over time
    Conservation of the major archaeological monuments
    The modern city and the archaeological areas
    Modern urban development and architecture

You can get further information on this program at

    <URL:http://sangeministudies.org>

under the Athens link.

This program is specialized and is intended for students or
professionals engaged in History, Archaeology, Architecture Art
History, Architecture, Urban Planning, Anthropology, Conservation
and Historic Preservation. It is not intended for the general
public. People with no background in these fields, or familiarity
with Greek culture and history, are unsuitable applicants for this
program.

If you know any students, scholars or others interested in this type
of visit, please inform them about our program. We would appreciate
it if you could list our program on your organization's website as
an available educational resource.

We have a flyer that you may wish to post on your department notice
board or forward to interested parties. You can print this from

    <URL:http://sangeministudies.info/wp-content/uploads/
        2011/09/Flyer-2012b.pdf>

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newline.

Nikolas Vakalis
Athens Program Director
International Institute for Restoration and Preservation Studies
LLC. NYC, USA

                Distributed: Saturday, October 15, 2011