Subject: Position at Historic Royal Palaces

Position at Historic Royal Palaces

From: Nasir Gilani <nasir.gilani<-a>
Date: Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Conservation Technician,
Historic Royal Palaces

Ref:1211247

Historic Royal Palaces is the independent charity that looks after
the Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, the Banqueting House,
Kensington Palace and Kew Palace as well as an amazing historical
collection.

That's where our Conservation and Collection Care (CCC) department
comes in. Our job is to ensure everyone can explore the story of how
monarchs and people have shaped society, in some of the greatest
palaces ever built.

Responsible for the treatment and care of the historic collections
and decorative features of all five palaces, the CCC team comprises
preventive and treatment conservators together with conservation
scientists. Join them and you'll play a key role in running our
highly professional technical service.

Chiefly, we'll look to you to prepare conservation support materials
for a wide range of textile treatments, laboratory work and
preventive conservation operations. As a source of internal
expertise, you'll also be expected to play an active role in
organising and maintaining our treatment facilities.

Minimum Requirements: Educated to A level standard, you'll bring
recent experience of preparing supports, linings and other materials
for conservation treatments and display as well as cost-effectively
managing budgets for conservation materials, laboratory supplies and
laundry contracts. Based at Hampton Court Palace, there may be a
requirement to work at other palaces on occasion.

HRP supports the Icon PACR accreditation scheme.

Duration of employment: Permanent
Days / Hours of work: 2 days per week
Salary: UKP19,585 per annum pro rata
Closing date: 17 Oct 2011
Location: Hampton Court

How to apply: Please apply online via our website:

    <URL:http://www.hrp.org.uk/recruitment>

Historic Royal Palaces is a registered charity (No 1068852) and an
equal opportunities employer. Applications are welcome from all
candidates regardless of sex, racial, ethnic or national origin,
disability, age, sexuality or responsibilities for dependants. We
value a diverse workforce and celebrate our differences.

                  Distributed: Friday, October 7, 2011