Subject: Symposium on exhibitions

Symposium on exhibitions

From: Laurie Booth <laurie<-a>
Date: Monday, October 3, 2011
"Conservation Principles of Exhibit Design"
Toledo Museum of Art
Toledo, Ohio
November 18, 2011

The Midwest Regional Conservation Guild (MRCG) would like to invite
everyone interested to attend our upcoming symposium: Conservation
Principles of Exhibit Design scheduled for November 18, 2011 at the
Toledo Museum of Art in Toledo, Ohio.  Our speakers will be:  Steven
Weintraub, Pat Silence and Cynthia Amneus.  They will be covering
diverse set of topics including decision-making regarding the used
of sealed versus unsealed cases, design issues with closed cases
including pollution-control, as well as an analysis of the use if
LED lighting in museum exhibits.  We will also be investigating the
proper display of costumes and textiles on exhibit and the latest
materials and techniques used in supports and mannequins.  More
information is now available on the MRCG blog/website at

    <URL:http://www.themrcg.wordpress.com>

including registration forms.

The early bird discount ($150) has been extended to October 14,
2011, so don't delay in registering.

Registration is open to all allied professionals so please pass the
word along to any of your colleagues that may be interested.

For more information you can also contact me at laurie<-a t->mwestcons< . >com

Laurie Booth
President, MRCG
Laurie Booth
Midwest Conservation Services, Inc.