Subject: Call for participation--America's National Treasures

Call for participation--America's National Treasures

From: David Harvey <topladave<-a>
Date: Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Call for experts and museums

I am proud to announce that I am a consultant to the producers of
the new National Geographic Television Series: *America's National
Treasures*. This is a call for experts and museums that would like
to be considered to be featured on the show.

"America's National Treasures", a new television series from
National Geographic, is seeking appraisers, conservators and
curators to lend their expertise and possibly appear on camera
examining items brought in by the general public. The show is
similar to Antiques Roadshow except it will concentrate on objects
that relate to American history and culture and will be filmed in
beautiful and interesting museums across the country.

We start filming in California in October 2011, but will need
experts in all regions as production progresses.

We are also looking for museums that would like to host the "Open
Calls" where people from the community bring objects in to be
assessed.  The Museum's collections would also be highlighted
providing great publicity.

After the Open Call, several objects per episode will be selected
for further investigation, conservation services and could be
selected for an upcoming National Geographic travelling exhibition.

For more information please write to us at

    AmericasNationalTreasures<-a t->gmail< . >com

David Harvey
Senior Conservator and Museum Consultant
Los Angeles, CA

                Distributed: Sunday, September 25, 2011