Subject: Gomez Mill House

Gomez Mill House

From: Barbara Lilley <blilley<-a>
Date: Thursday, September 22, 2011
I thought COOL subscribers would be interested in this report from
Ruth Abrahams at the Gomez Mill House because of its connection to
Dard Hunter.  This email was received on September 15, 2011 after
the extensive flooding that occurred in New York State because of
Hurricanes Irene and Lee.  Dr. Abrahams contact information is at
the end of this message.  There is information on the web site about
contributing to disaster relief efforts at the site.

   "I am writing to report on the damage to the Gomez Mill House and
    historic site.  You can see some preliminary photos that are now
    on our site in the special Hurricane Disaster section we added.
    Video will be here as well in about a week. Our site is

        <URL:http://www.gomez.org>

   "The Mill house site suffered severe property damage to the
    public space and meadow along Jews' Creek and near the Dard
    Hunter Mill. The Dard Hunter Mill, which we just spent over
    $100,000 to stabilize, repair and restore has suffered new
    damage to the floors and crawl space areas under the Dard Hunter
    beater, and to one section of the newly repaired wall. Our three
    Antique typeface cabinets were submerged and now have"

Barbara Lilley
New York State Library
Division of Library Development
10-C-47 Cultural Education Center