Subject: Plants in galleries

Plants in galleries

From: Karen Potje <kpotje<-a>
Date: Friday, September 16, 2011
I would like to hear from anyone who has made an exception to the
"No live plants in the galleries" rule, including the reason for
allowing plants in a display area and precautions taken to avoid
problems caused by possible pests and the need to water the plants.
The Canadian Centre for Architecture is planning an exhibition on
forests and the curator would like to display some live
plants--including trees.  My initial reaction is just to say "No"
but perhaps there is a way to allow him to realise his curatorial
vision.  The exhibition will last for 4 months and will be confined
to 2 small galleries.

Karen Potje
Chef, Conservation et Restauration
Head, Conservation and Preservation
Centre Canadien d'Architecture
Canadian Centre for Architecture
514-939-7001 ext. 1236

                Distributed: Tuesday, September 20, 2011