Subject: Online workshop on writing abstracts

Online workshop on writing abstracts

From: Sarah Lowengard <sarahl<-a>
Date: Wednesday, September 7, 2011
"Writing an Abstract or Short Proposal"
New Session: Friday 16 September 2011 12:00 noon EDT

The AIC has extended the deadline for proposal submissions for the
2012 Annual Meeting until 20 September.

To assist conservators (and others) who are thinking of submitting a
proposal, I am offering a 90-minute online meeting to will guide you
through the process. (You don't have to be planning a proposal to
the AIC meeting to participate, of course)

The session will help you write a clear and more persuasive
proposal.

Topics we will discuss include:

    The four different goals for writing an abstract

    What you need--and don't need--to include in a proposal abstract

    How to write an abstract for a paper you haven't yet written

    How to make your proposal engaging without sacrificing your
    authority

    Three simple tricks to match your abstract to a call for papers

We'll cover the basics in about an hour, and leave plenty of time
for discussion.

The cost to register for the meeting is $35. (Contact me regarding a
registration discount for five or more participants. )

More information, including links to registration and payment can be
found at <URL:http://bit.ly/AWW_911>

Sarah Lowengard
Research and Writing

                Distributed: Tuesday, September 13, 2011