Subject: Textiles damaged by smoke

Textiles damaged by smoke

From: Richard V. L. Kornemann <museumshop<-a>
Date: Thursday, August 25, 2011
We've just been asked to treat two pieces of carpet that are framed
for smoke damage.  One looks fine, and we'd be inclined just to
vacuum it well, but we don't know a safe way to remove the smoke
odor. The other has soot all over it as well as some 5 inch or so
dark lines (we assume soot, but why the lines?) Does anyone know how
to treat these in a safe way, so the dyes don't run?

Vicky Kornemann
Museum Shop, Ltd.

                Distributed: Saturday, September 3, 2011