Subject: Barcoding

Barcoding

From: Olivia Eller <olivia.eller<-a>
Date: Monday, August 22, 2011
At the museum of the History of Strasbourg (France) we are about to
implement the bar code system for marking and tracing every artefact
conserved there. I would very much like to have your comments on
your own experience using this system in your museums, and any
recommendations or advice. Are you happy with it? Would you do it
again? Does it work better than anything else?  How would you
improve on it? Is this the way museums are going? When last over in
the USA, I visited several museums none of which were (to my
knowledge) using bar codes.

Olivia Eller
Attachee de Conservation
Musees de la Ville de Strasbourg, France
Ville et Communaute urbaine de Strasbourg
Direction de la Culture // Service des Musees

67076 Strasbourg Cedex
+33 3 88 88 50 82 Poste 35082
Fax: +33 3 88 88 50 91

                Distributed: Saturday, September 3, 2011