Subject: Downloading remote datalogger data

Downloading remote datalogger data

From: Greg Basso <gregbasso<-a>
Date: Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Anne E. Downey <adowney [at] amphilsoc__org> writes

>I am looking for feedback from anyone who uses dataloggers in
>conjunction with a server or router to download temperature and RH
>data remotely. We had cobbled together 2 different company products
>to do this 6 years ago, and our routers have become increasingly
>uncooperative. ...

We offer several solutions which might make help with your
'uncooperative' router problem and allow you to collect data from
remote locations. The first is a datalogger which will transmit
logged information via a standard cell phone network. This bypasses
router problems as the transmission writes directly to an IP address
and port. Requirements are cell phone reception at the logger site,
a static ip address at the receiving computer network, and a data
activated SIM card.

A second solution involves a LAN enabled data logger. Software
running on the data receiving computer connects to the remote logger
much like one would connect to any WEB page.  Requirements are a
static ip address on the datalogger side.

The first (cell phone) solution is entirely battery powered and
portable, the second requires 120 VAC as well as an LAN connection.

    <URL:http://www.cascadegroupinc.com>

Greg Basso
VP Applications
Cascade Group Inc./Hanwell Instruments, USA

                Distributed: Saturday, September 3, 2011