Subject: Fellowship at Portland State University

Fellowship at Portland State University

From: Tami Lasseter Clare <claret<-a>
Date: Thursday, August 18, 2011
Post-Doctoral Fellowship
Regional Laboratory for the Science of Cultural Heritage Conservation
Portland State University
Portland, Oregon

A post-doctoral position is available in January 2012 in the
Regional Laboratory for the Science of Cultural Heritage
Conservation at Portland State University (Director: Tami Lasseter
Clare, Ph.D.) in the Department of Chemistry.

Our research focuses on the development of new materials and methods
to better conserve material cultural heritage.  Additional
information about the Laboratory may be found at

    <URL:http://www.pdx.edu/clarelab>

In this project, we are developing diagnostics for the detection of
polymer coating degradation and failure.  The research includes
onsite work at the Seattle Art Museum in Seattle, WA and the
opportunity to interact with industrial scientists and engineers at
Sharp Laboratories of America, Inc.

Qualifications: We are looking for a highly motivated post-doctoral
fellow with significant experience in synthesis of soft materials,
polymers or conductive gels and/or microfabrication techniques.
Additional experience in the use or development of electrochemical
methods is valuable.  Applicants should have a Ph.D. in chemistry,
materials science or physics and an interest in visual arts.

Review of applications will begin in September 2011, with a flexible
start date as early as January, 2012.  Salary is commensurate with
experience and will follow Portland State University's guidelines.

Candidates interested in applying for the position please email a CV
(which lists 3 references) and a brief cover letter (1 page) stating
your interest and specific qualifications for the position to Dr.
Tami Lasseter Clare claret<-a t->pdx< . >edu

Tami Lasseter Clare, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Chemistry

                 Distributed: Saturday, August 20, 2011