Subject: Storage facility made of wood

Storage facility made of wood

From: Vigdis Vingelsgaard <vigdis.vingelsgaard<-a>
Date: Sunday, July 24, 2011
My museum wants to build a storage facility, 3,000 square meters, of
solid wood (spruce) in Hedmark, a county in southeast Norway. I am
trying to get in contact with museums with experience on this kind
of project.

A conservator might have some second thoughts about this because of
the well known emissions of acid from different types of wood. I
have been in contact with colleagues before, but hopefully you have
knowledge of a museum with storage facilities completely made of
wood, and maybe you have had good or bad experiences with this.

Vigdis Vingelsgaard
Conservation department of Hedmark Museum
vigdis.vingelsgaard<-a t->domkirkeodden< . >no
+47 90595390

                 Distributed: Saturday, August 20, 2011