Subject: Call for papers--Icon Ceramics and Glass Group

Call for papers--Icon Ceramics and Glass Group

From: Rachel Sharples <rachel.sharples<-a>
Date: Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Call for Papers:

"Soft, strong and how long? Materials for ceramics and glass
    conservation"
Icon Ceramics and Glass Group Conference
Merseyside Maritime Museum, Liverpool
15-16 June 2012

Continuing the celebration of diversity within our profession this
event will focus on the materials which we use and will be divided
into three sessions: low-fired ceramics, high-fired ceramics and
glass.  Have new health and safety laws and awareness of 'green'
issues altered the way you work or prompted you to think of new
solutions? Whether is it a standard treatment given a personal twist
or a new product that you have discovered we'd like to invite you to
share your experience with us.

Students: This year we would also particularly like to hear from
you. Have you carried out an interesting project on ceramics, glass
or related materials? Have you assessed or compared specific
conservation materials or approaches? You will have the chance to
present your studies to a friendly audience in Liverpool either as a
poster or presentation.

Deadline for abstracts: 16 December 2011

Contact: Nancy Sharpe <sharpe.restoration<-a t->fsmail< . >net> or Liesa
Brierley <liesa.brierley<-a t->googlemail< . >com>

                 Distributed: Saturday, August 20, 2011