Subject: Contemporary quilts

Contemporary quilts

From: Paulette Reading <paulette.reading<-a>
Date: Thursday, July 28, 2011
I am trying to gather information about materials commonly used in
making contemporary art quilts and other fiber arts.

Can anyone refer me to any articles or information about the aging
properties or other conservation concerns regarding the following
(but not limited to) materials:  fusing such as Wonder Under or
Steam a Seam;  oil sticks; various Dyes, specifically Procion dyes;
puffy paints; discharge and other bleaching techniques; iron-on
transfers; silk screen; and foils, glitter or metallic powders.

Paulette Reading,
Textile Conservator
Denver CO

                 Distributed: Thursday, August 4, 2011