Subject: Rhoplex WS24

Rhoplex WS24

From: Anne T. Lane <alane<-a>
Date: Friday, July 29, 2011
It has been suggested to me to use Rhoplex WS24 as an
adhesive/topcoat for the application of "permanent" labels to museum
artifacts, citing its reversibility in acetone and its relative lack
of toxicity compared to B72, commonly used for this purpose. I am
curious as to the aging properties of this material, its shelf life
once opened, and of course its suitability for use on the types of
objects that one would normally label using B72.

Anne T Lane
Collections Manager
The Charlotte Museum of History
3500 Shamrock Drive