Subject: Accessible conservation studios and public engagement

Accessible conservation studios and public engagement

From: Dee Stubbs-Lee <dee.stubbs-lee<-a>
Date: Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Siobhan Barratt <siobhan.barratt [at] nationaltrust__org__uk> writes

>I am very keen to get feedback from those that have been involved
>with open studios and public engagement through conservation, about
>what has and hasn't worked. ...

You may be interested in an article I published last year on visible
conservation. I compared several museums in Canada, the USA, England
and Scotland which are using various forms of visible conservation
for public engagement.

    Stubbs-Lee, Dee A.
    "Inside Out: A Conservator's Investigation of Museums, Visible
    Storage, and the Interpretation of Conservation",
    in Collections: A Journal for Museum and Archives Professionals,
    volume 5, no. 4, fall 2009, (Lanham, MD: Altamira Press, 2010).

Dee Stubbs-Lee, CAPC, MA
Conservator,
The New Brunswick Museum
277 Douglas Avenue