Subject: Images of Luigi Prinotto's inlay work sought

Images of Luigi Prinotto's inlay work sought

From: Marco Buerger <buerger.marco<-a>
Date: Tuesday, June 21, 2011
I am looking for some closeup images of ivory inlays made by Luigi
Prinotto (1706-1790), who was an italian cabinet maker and sculptor.
I need the images for the reconstruction of some lost ivory inlays,
which will be made of the ivory surrogate Elforyn, so that they could
easily be identified as replacements.

An Italian conservator referred, that the lost inlays might show
scenes of religious and/or pagan rites and that the piece of
furniture was assumingly produced bei Luigi Prinotto. I have
uploaded some picture of the furniture and the missing parts.

    <URL:http://i252.photobucket.com/
        albums/hh38/onkelmoped/Luigi%20Prinotto/IMG_7239.jpg>

    <URL:http://i252.photobucket.com/
        albums/hh38/onkelmoped/Luigi%20Prinotto/IMG_9893.jpg>

    <URL:http://i252.photobucket.com/
        albums/hh38/onkelmoped/Luigi%20Prinotto/IMG_9894.jpg>

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URLs have been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newlines.

I hope that someone could provide me with some images of comparable
work, tipps/suggestions or literature so I could get to a satisfying
result.

Marco Buerger
Conservator
Cologne / Germany