Subject: Accessible conservation studios and public engagement

Accessible conservation studios and public engagement

From: Siobhan Barratt <siobhan.barratt<-a>
Date: Thursday, June 30, 2011
I am the Project conservator for Knole. We are planning a large
project to address the conservation and building issues at Knole. It
is planned to put a conservation studio on site so that work to the
collection can happen at Knole.  The studio will be designed to
allow as much public access as possible to the conservation process
so that our visitors can interact with and learn about conservation.
I am very keen to get feedback from those that have been involved
with open studios and public engagement through conservation, about
what has and hasn't worked. Any recommendations for places to visit
would also be very useful.

Siobhan Barratt ACR
Conservator
Knole