Subject: Position at National Maritime Museum

Position at National Maritime Museum

From: Birthe Christensen <bchristiensen<-a>
Date: Monday, June 20, 2011
Preventive Conservator
National Maritime Museum
London

UKP23,000 - UKP30,000

With three historic sites housing a range of world renowned
collections, the National Maritime Museum is a unique and
stimulating environment. It's an exciting time to be here, as we
prepare to open the brand new Sammy Ofer Wing and host the 2012
Olympics equestrian and modern pentathlon competitions.

We are now seeking an experienced conservator to co ordinate all
aspects of our preventive conservation programme, including
environmental monitoring, accelerated aging tests and pest
management. This key role will see you provide expert advice on
preventive conservation issues, prepare condition reports and asses
collection storage needs, as well as supervise contractors, students
and volunteers.

With proven experience of object conservation, you will bring an
extensive understanding of materials science. A knowledge of the
impact of the environment on a wide range of objects and materials
is also important, combined with excellent communication skills and
the ability to carry out risk assessments.

For a full job description and details of how to apply, please visit

    <URL:http://www.nmm.ac.uk/jobs>

Closing date:  17 July 2011.

                   Distributed: Monday, June 27, 2011