Subject: DuctSox

DuctSox

From: John Diefenderfer <jdiefenderfer<-a>
Date: Tuesday, May 31, 2011
I was wondering if anyone had any experience (good/bad) using
DuctSox (or other brands of fabric ductwork) in collection areas.  I
am involved with designing a facility and the HVAC engineer
suggested using DuctSox in the stacks instead of traditional
insulated sheet metal ductwork. I am fairly confident the fabric
itself won't present a hazard (polyester that includes 55% recycled
content, treated with a machine washable anti-microbial agent), but
has anyone experienced any long-term difficulties (or joys) with
maintenance, cleaning, general upkeep etc.

John Diefenderfer
Archivist
Daughters of Charity Northeast Province
96 Menand Rd.