Subject: Fragrances in exhibition spaces

Fragrances in exhibition spaces

From: Jitka Kyrian <jitka.kyrian<-a>
Date: Tuesday, May 31, 2011
The State Museum of Ethnology Munich is thinking about methods of
improvement of the air quality in exhibition rooms and considering
the possibility of vaporisation of fragrances (we do not have an air
conditioning system).

Does anybody have experiences with this issue especially regarding
aspects of conservation? Questions would be e.g.:

Which methods are efficient? (Maybe in combination with
humidifiers?)

What aspects could be of interest from the conservation side (e.g.
deposits of particles or liquid-films on objects)?

I would be very thankful if anyone could share their experiences
with me--even hints on literature, information material or companies
would be great.

Jitka Kyrian
(Dipl. conservator Univ.)
State Museum of Ethnology Munich