Subject: Dyeing paper pulp for leaf casting

Dyeing paper pulp for leaf casting

From: Ben Buchanan <benbuchanan1<-a>
Date: Thursday, June 2, 2011
Cristina Bonanni <boncri1975 [at] yahoo__it> writes

>I am an Italian paper and book conservator and am involved in a
>project collecting data about leafcasting.  Particularly I'm looking
>for updated information regarding colouring paper pulp for leaf
>casting treatments.

See Alan Buchanan Designs site:

    Alan Buchanan
    "A Methodical Visual System to Create Matching Infills for
    Missing Areas in Works of Art on Paper by Dyeing Cotton Rag
    Papermaking Pulp Different Shades Of Yellow, Red and Blue".
    British Association of Paper Historians, no.65 January 2008
    <URL:http://alanbuchanandesigns.com/site/download/
        visual_system_for_matching_coloured_infills.pdf>

In it is a detailed description of the dyeing process using ICI
Procian dyes.

Ben Buchanan

                  Distributed: Thursday, June 9, 2011