Subject: Dyeing paper pulp for leaf casting

Dyeing paper pulp for leaf casting

From: Cristina Bonanni <boncri1975<-a>
Date: Tuesday, May 24, 2011
I am an Italian paper and book conservator and am involved in a
project collecting data about leafcasting.  Particularly I'm looking
for updated information regarding colouring paper pulp for leaf
casting treatments.

What kind of dyes or pigments (possibly tested) are currently
recommended in order to good aging and chemical stability?

Could you suggest some easy to find commercial pruducts along with
recipes to prepare different range of colours?

Cristina Bonanni
Paper and book conservator
Spoleto
Italy