Subject: Chemical exchange and new AIC forum

Chemical exchange and new AIC forum

From: Denise Stockman <denise_stockman<-a>
Date: Thursday, May 26, 2011
Re local materials exchange programs:

The Committee on Sustainable Conservation Practice has been
following the discussion of exchanging/ sharing materials and
solvents between conservators. We are hoping that AIC's soon to come
LinkedIn group will facilitate this.

We also want to make the conservation community aware of programs
that may already exist in their region to share materials locally
with other individuals, artists, or businesses, especially since
shipping has already come up as an issue regarding solvents.

This page on the Sustainable Practices section of the AIC wiki lists
local exchange programs that we know about.

    <URL:http://www.conservation-wiki.com/
        index.php?title=Materials_Exchange>

If you know about similar programs that are not listed, please let us
know at green<-a t->conservation-us< . >org and we can add it to the site.

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newline.

                   Distributed: Monday, May 30, 2011