Subject: Position at Image Permanence Institute

Position at Image Permanence Institute

From: Douglas W. Nishimura <dwnpph<-a>
Date: Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Product Support Technician
Image Permanence Institute (IPI)

We're not expecting to find anyone for this position necessarily
directly from this list, but if anyone knows anyone who might be
interested we would appreciate you passing the word along. We need
someone who is technical enough to understand the quirks of the
hardware and software, but also with enough connection to the world
of cultural institutions to understand the bigger picture and the
context of the caller's problem.

IPI <URL:http://www.imagepermanenceinstitute.org> is seeking a
Product Support Technician to provide technical support for
environmental software and hardware products sold by the Image
Permanence Institute.

Duties include:

    Oversee the development, production, and calibration of IPI's
    PEM2 datalogger working with IPI staff and vendors.

    Provide phone and email technical support for IPI's PEM2 and
    original PEM data loggers, Climate Notebook desktop software,
    and websites for managing environmental data.

    Oversee production of the PEM2 monitor, working closely with the
    design and development team and the manufacturer; and manage the
    PEM2 recalibration program.

    Assist with testing and troubleshooting of IPI's hardware and
    software.

    Write help documentation for technical support issues related to
    products and web services.

    Prepare evaluations of software/hardware and recommend
    improvements or upgrade.

Candidates should have minimum of two to three years experience in
Level 1 or 2 software help desk experience and experience working
with software/hardware users by phone and email, and keeping
detailed information about both. Bachelor's degree in IT or
Information Science preferred.

Interested applicants should visit

    <URL:http://careers.rit.edu/
        staff/IRC46234-Product-Support-Technician>

to read more or apply.

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newline.

Douglas Nishimura