Subject: 3M ATG 908 Gold Adhesive Transfer Acid-Free tape

3M ATG 908 Gold Adhesive Transfer Acid-Free tape

From: Karen Potje <kpotje<-a>
Date: Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Has anyone out there tested or researched 3M 908 Gold ATG Adhesive
Transfer Acid-Free tape, which 3M describes as high tack, acid free,
photo-safe, pressure sensitive, permanent tape?

I would like to know if it is non-yellowing and non-cross-linking.
I'm looking for something I can recommend to an artist who wants to
invisibly adhere drawings on translucent paper or drafting film to
mylar or plexiglas.

If you have any other suggestions for an adhesive this artist can
use, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Karen Potje
Chef, Conservation et Restauration
Head, Conservation and Preservation