Subject: Chemicals in small quantities

Chemicals in small quantities

From: Antoinette Dwan <adwan<-a>
Date: Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Susan White <smwhitewhite [at] aim__com> writes

>As a private conservator I frequently find myself in need of small
>quantities of chemicals ...

I am also a private paper conservator and I recommend setting up
accounts with a chemical company who know the shipping hazards,
regulations, etc. I currently use Sigma-Aldrich. I spoke to a
supervisor at the company to be "cleared" to order supplies as a
small business and have had no difficulties. Since I am on the West
Coast I also buy other chemicals and reagents from Conservation
Support Systems.  Please contact me if you'd like tips for setting
up an account.

Antoinette Dwan
A.I.C. Fellow
Art Conservation