Subject: Consolidating friable brick

Consolidating friable brick

From: Sophie Haake <s.haake<-a>
Date: Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Brittany Bishop <blbishop37 [at] yahoo__com> writes

>... I was wondering if I could get some
>opinions on the consolidants that I am thinking about experimenting
>with to find one appropriate for the very friable, porous Roman
>brick that I am conserving.

Based on the results of several research projects in northern
Germany I would recommend to use silicic acid ethylester for
consolidation of bricks (for example KSE 100 by Remmers).

Sophie Haake
Dipl. Restauratorin (FH) Sophie Haake-Harig
Antikensammlung
Staatliche Museen zu Berlin
Stiftung Preussischer Kulturbesitz
Bodestr. 1-3