Subject: Binocular microscope sought

Binocular microscope sought

From: Judith Levinson <levinson<-a>
Date: Tuesday, April 12, 2011
We are in the market for a new binocular microscope on mobile floor
stand for examining oversized objects and we are interested in
others' recommendations.

Beyond excellent optics, our most important requirements are that
the stand moves smoothly and is well-weighted to avoid tipping and
that the microscope has excellent mobility on the stand for viewing
in all sorts of directions. Additionally, if anyone has a microscope
as described above and is using a video viewing screen with it, we
would also appreciate hearing of your experiences.

Judith Levinson
Director of Conservation
Division of Anthropology
American Museum of Natural History