Subject: Chemicals in small quantities

Chemicals in small quantities

From: Susan White <smwhitewhite<-a>
Date: Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Susan White <smwhitewhite [at] aim__com> writes

>As a private conservator I frequently find myself in need of small
>quantities of chemicals ...

I read about the problem you have with chemicals in small quantities
and what problems you would have updating and handling the list of
chemicals via the DistList.

Immediately I thought about Google Docs. Every one with a Google
account can make a document (spreadsheets or other documents) and
share this with other people. The people who share this list can
look into the documents anytime and anywhere and can also change
them for putting in new chemicals or remove shared ones for example.
The changes will be seen by everyone sharing. You can also manage
who can edit this information. If a good list is put up, it might do
the trick and set up a good system for this problem.

I just wanted to let you know, because I think it would be a
possibility and you wont bother anyone with loads of work. Hope this
information will be of a little help.

Daphne Reijs
PHD Student Textile Conservation in Amsterdam

                  Distributed: Tuesday, April 19, 2011